Welcome to Empire
The coaching staff places its first priority on using wrestling as a vehicle to teach our student athletes how to become good people, how to become scholar athletes, and how to make good decisions in life. Our goal is to provide the facility and opportunity for all wrestlers to enhance their wrestling ability throughout the year. We are NOT here to take the place of your school team or feeder (local youth) program. We are simply here to supplement what you are already doing.
10 Reasons Why Kids Should Wrestle
Wrestling is a great sport that teaches athletes so many valuable lessons about sport and life in general. Wrestling is a sport that teaches hard work and personal accountability. If one fails on the wrestling mat, there is no one else to blame but the individual. It is hard to blame a coach or a teammate for a sub par performance, and wrestling forces an individual to look inward to see what you’re really made of. Here are ten reasons why kids should wrestle.
1. Wrestling develops basic athletic skills
2. Wrestling develops personal responsibility
3. Wrestling develops mental toughness
4. Wrestling teaches about nutrition and weight maintenance
5. Wrestling brings kids together and builds a strong camaraderie
6. Wrestling develops discipline
7. Wrestling brings different cultures and countries together
8. Wrestling teaches an individual how to focus on something and master it
9. Wrestling provides opportunities to further education
10. Wrestling is fun